Bitmain values the trust that our customers, associates, representatives and service providers place in us when they give us personal information. We believe that privacy is more than an issue of compliance and endeavor to manage personal information in accordance with our core value of respect for the individual.
This Policy applies to customer information we collect in the United States, Puerto Rico and outside the United States at Bitmain stores (“stores”) and through our websites (for purposes of this Policy, “websites” includes our mobile or tablet version.
Information We Collect
We collect your information from the following sources:
- Information you give us, such as during transactions, customer service operations, surveys, and website registrations,
- Information from other sources, such as companies that help us to update our records, and
- Information automatically collected when you visit or use our websites, such as via cookies and device information, and in stores, such as via video cameras.
How We Use and/or Disclose Your Information
- Bitmain does not sell or rent your personal information.
- Bitmain uses your information to provide products and services and to support core business functions. These uses include order or service fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication, loss and fraud prevention, public safety and legal functions.
- We may combine all the information we collect. We may disclose your information within our corporate family of companies.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties under the following limited circumstances:
- with service providers or suppliers that help with our business operations or joint products.
- with your consent.
- when necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Bitmain, customers, or associates, or when otherwise required by law.
We want to communicate with you in ways you want to hear from us. Examples include email newsletters, special offers, and new product announcements. We use the following standards for marketing communications:
- We will not contact you via phone or text message without your express consent (opt-in).
- We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your express consent (opt-in).
- We use an opt-out standard for all other communications. This means we will conduct the activity unless you tell us not to.
We participate in interest-based advertising. This means that you may see advertising on our website tailored to how you browse or shop, or you may see advertising for Bitmain on other websites based on your browsing behavior across websites.
You can contact us via our Zendesk customer portal.